Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Lubuntu 15.04 for PowerPC

Unfortunately, Lubuntu 14.10 had not been released owing to several bugs.  I tried to install Lubuntu 15.04 (Vivid Vervet) Daily Build for PowerPC on my powermac G5 (2.0G Dualcore, late2005, GeForce6600LE).
Though it was easy to install from the live CD (DVD), booting OS needed the yaboot parameter "nouveau.noaccel=1" for disabling acceleration.  Problem about sound must be fixed according to PowerPCKnownIssues.
In my feeling, stabilities or unstabilities of lubuntu 15.04 (daily build) are almost as same as Lubuntu 14.04.

lubuntu 14.04.2

2 comments:

  1. i have ibook g4 and i tried morphos 3.7 a poor os but the web browser crash
    the mplayer work fine better than ubuntu no need codec
    mintppc11 work fine it's the good one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I had tried linux-mint formerly but it didn't work on my powermac G5. I will try to install it again soon !!

      Delete