Sunday, April 5, 2015

Lubuntu 14.04.2 for PowerPC

I installed the second point release of lubuntu 14.04.2 cleanly on my powermac G5 (2.0G Dualcore, late2005, GeForce6600LE).  After installation, the openbox syntax error was shown.

On investigation, "lubuntu-rc.xml" file was missing on the specified location.  I copied this file from live CD to the specified location, then it works fine (till now ?).

On live CD
sudo cp /home/lubuntu/.config/openbox/lubuntu-rc.xml /media/lubuntu/[installed drive]/home/[username]/.config/openbox/

In addition, the yaboot parameter "nouveau.noaccel=1" was needed for 3.16.0-30 kernel (the original installed kernel of lubuntu 14.04.2), but unneceessary in updated 3.16.0-33 kernel, and the sound problem must be fixed manually in the same way as lubuntu 15.04.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, i need your help. I proved to install Lubuntu on my Powermac g5, nvidia 6600 dual....etc.

    Could you make a little guide for all? Thanks in advanced!

    ReplyDelete